BARE Trilam HD Suit takes on water when using exhaust valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Lemmon

HumboldtChaplain
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, it was my first dive in a dry suit, in a pool. too much air in my suit (could not descend) so i used the valve on the upper left arm to exhaust the air...only i also let in a bunch of water and the suit is now drying out on a PVC pipe rack. any pointers for how to prevent this ingress of water from happening?

I don't think I ever had water come in my exhaust valve...If I did it was a spot or two...not even an ounce of water at least that I can remember

I don't think I ever had water come in my exhaust valve...If I did it was a spot or two...not even an ounce of water at least that I can remember

The Apeks low profile dump valve is notorious for leaking if left all the way open. You’d close it a few clicks to solve the problem.

I've also got a bare HD trilam. It comes with SiTech valves, at least mine did. Don't think I've ever had that problem that I can recall. Take it appart, clean it, and ensure it's properly assembled. Here's a howto video (not mine) :

Updated: I linked a video for the inflator, not the dump. Sorry.

Are you sure it came in through the valve? If your suit had a LOT of extra gas in it, when you went to dump it could have escaped out through the neck seal and water leaked in. It isn't very far from the neck seal to the dump valve on most suits and it could be that it leaked down your arm.

Back
Top Bottom