Bare Trilam HD: First open-water dry-suit dives today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dutch Springs
Bethlehem, PA
Air temp - 50F and raining
Water temp - 43F

Two check-out dives for PADI Dry Suit Diver:

65' for 35min
35' for 29min

Wore two layers under the Bare CT200 undergarment and that worked out perfectly. I got the Patagonia "Midweight Capilene" at a local sporting/hunting store that had them on "end of season" closeout.

I wore the Patagonia top/bottom as the base layer, then a light fleece, then the Bare CT-200. Had a pair of UnderArmor socks under a fleece bootliner as well.

Wouldn't say I was "toasty" but I was perfectly comfortable. Way warmer than I figured I'd be - in fact I've felt colder at the end of an hour dive in 75F water (Xcel 3/4/5 Vortex ws) than I ever did today.

Not OVER warm either. I didn't get sweaty like I did in the pool the other day. (I guess the ~40f temp difference was a factor!)

Also had 7mm Bare hood and 7mm gloves.

Two more dives tomorrow!

:)

I have the exact same dry suit as you. I purchased it new a few months ago. Use the T-100 under garment with a thin base layer. I've done about 10 dives in it (San Diego) and love the suit The coldest water was 47 degrees at La Jolla canyon a few days ago. I was not cold, but could have been a little warmer. I just received a Viking Extreme undergarment from Ebay (Thinslate 400) and will try it out in a few days. I also purchased the bare tech hood with a zipper in it (7mm). It's much more comfortable than the standard bare hood. It is vented which made a huge difference for me.

I'm still getting my buoyancy dialed in.

I'm sure you are really going to love the suit. Have fun.

My suit is in the mail from DiveTank, I will be out at Ductch Springs as soon as it arrives. Can't wait, no more rentals.

I also purchased the bare tech hood with a zipper in it (7mm). It's much more comfortable than the standard bare hood.

I agree, the BARE zippered tech hood makes quite a difference

MedicDoug:
My suit is in the mail from DiveTank, I will be out at Ductch Springs as soon as it arrives. Can't wait, no more rentals.

Shoot me a PM or e-mail if/when you are coming to Dutch - with a certified "non-diver" spouse I'm always looking for a buddy!

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom