Bare T-200 or Whites Pro Undies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rimp

Contributor
Reaction score
The Bare-CT-200 is 7.5oz fleece / 3M B200 compression resistant "THINSULATE" covered in stylish / Anti-friction taslan.

The White Pro (1836) is 18 oz. fleece with double thickness 36 oz. fleece torso.

I can get the Bare for alot less money. Is thinsulate going to be better than straight fleece? Can it be warmer than 36 oz fleece?

Which is better for cold water diving (BC waters)?

Rimp:
The Bare-CT-200 is 7.5oz fleece / 3M B200 compression resistant "THINSULATE" covered in stylish / Anti-friction taslan.

The White Pro (1836) is 18 oz. fleece with double thickness 36 oz. fleece torso.

I can get the Bare for alot less money. Is thinsulate going to be better than straight fleece? Can it be warmer than 36 oz fleece?

I dive the Bare. It was my first set of undies. Really great set. I dive in anywhere from 60 to 32 degree water using it. In 32 I use extra insulation underneath it. Good suit to start with.

I also have a DUI 400 and DUI 200. Plus a Gates fleece that I don't use. I have anothe I can't remember the name of. The DUI's are nice. I like the 200. But not worth the extra money over the Bare....

I have both and I dive a Aqua Pro. The Bare with thinsulate is hands down warmer...for me...and less bulky.

Rimp:

The Bare is warmer...The whites are more flexable. I found the Whites to be good to around 50 deg F.

fleece means you need loft to stay warm. If you dive your suit with very little air, thinsulate is a better choice. Doesn't need much loft to keep you warm. For around Vancouver, I'd be tempted to push you towards a 400 weight though if you can afford it. 200 is fine, but you'll need layers underneath still in winter or on long dives.

The bare is warmer - have had both.

the warmest (although not in your post) is the whites thinsulate (i think its called the glacier??) Jacket and pants...very nice, separates...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom