Bare or Parkway???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrimpqc

New
Reaction score
I am torn between wetsuits. I currently dive in a 6.5 mil farmer john/shorty Fathom wetsuit which is getting smaller with age (mine not the suit). I am looking at buying either a Parkway 7 mil Semidry (hood attahced) or a Bare Artic SGS 7 mil. Any opinions on which is warmer? I have heard that layering the Bare with the Hooded vest makes a warm suit but would it be as good or better than the semidry? I can get the Parkway for cheaper than the two piece Bare but the bare looks nice to me.

Anyone with experience on one or both of these suits?

Thanx.

shrimpqc:
I have heard that layering the Bare with the Hooded vest makes a warm suit but would it be as good or better than the semidry?

I would have to think that semi dry has an edge here.

I have those Bare items in the plain Arctic (N2S) versions. I have been fine in back to back dives at 48F. Also fine venturing down in to 42F water so far. It is very rare for me to feel the intrusion of cold water on my skin. Be sure to add the Gauntlet golves for 2 layers on your wrists where blood runs close to the skin and the 2mm neoprene socks.

If the farmer John has kept you comfortable I predict you will be very pleased with this Bare set-up.

If you're a mail order sort of buyer Divetank can get you into this gear for small money.

When that's not enough jump to the drysuit.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom