bare or hollis drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I went to your site the other day to see what's up with your new Makara suit. The suit is listed, but there was zero useful info about it other than the price and that it is made to measure.

What's it made of? How much does it weigh? What options are available to order on it? What valves come on it? Etc..

The one in the pictures looks like red and black. Those are colors I can get behind! Or in, as the case may be. :D
Red?? That was so last brand. It's Orange and Black, or can be all black.

Yeah I need to get more detail up.

Si tech valves, durasoft material with kevlar knee, elbow and trim.

Comes with two pockets

Red?? That was so last brand. It's Orange and Black, or can be all black.

LOL That was what I was expecting. Maybe it's just my monitor, but your regs look orange. And that Makara suit looks red.

I would wait and go to Beneath the Seas in Secaucus NJ in 2 weeks and view actual drysuits and talk with Reps. and usually will let you try them on- DUI measures you and let you try on any drysuit there.
I wont be able to go. it was a good idea. thanks... looks like so far everyone likes bear.

I wont be able to go. it was a good idea. thanks... looks like so far everyone likes bear.
bear? I can't wait to see a drysuit from bear.. Make sure PETA doesn't find out, they will spray can your new suit

You could always give DRIS a call, they sell and stock a ton of drysuits and know their products very well. I have a Bare Nex-Gen and a Whites Fusion. Back when I had a warranty issue with the Bare there customer service was superb. When I had a warranty issue with my Whites the customer service was about as bad as it gets, I was actually told by one of there reps that they cater to their distributors as they are their customers not the end user.

ok ok bare, bear lol it happens. its gonna take forever to dry.

*If* dry time is a big consideration I'd suggest the BARE Nex-Gen. I know you said it would be for wreck diving (which the NexGen isn't ideal for) but I'm not sure what your priorities are. The Nex-Gen has the added benefits of costing less and is about as light as drysuits come.

On a side note regarding BARE's customer service, I had a friend recently send his NexGen to them twice to get pockets installed. The first time they installed the wrong pockets, the second time it came back with tiny holes it in (from where the first pockets had been installed and removed). This was about 6 months ago.

thanks buoy, dry time is no big deal for me. I need something that can handle wreck diving here in the northeast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom