Bare Next Gen Drysuit Question ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a major difference between Bare 2007 next Gen and the newer model? I am able to get a brand new 2007 model for 250 dollars less than the newer one and they looked exactly the same suit. Does any one know the difference?

Cheers -

S H

I know the current model uses the new plastic TI-zip. as for other differences I don't know.

Can't answer your question, but, at least when I bought my NexGen ( spring 2009 ), Bare had a spring sale that included the NexGen with your choice of Bare thermal underwear. I got the second warmest thermal they had. It's been a great combo, no regrets. I got the impression that this is a yearly event with Bare, every April or May. You might want to ask your LDS to see if they are having any sales coming up on the new ones.

My only comment on the 2007 suit would be about the neck and wrist seals. I think they might deteriorate ( sp ? ) with time, ( dry out ? ) but maybe somebody smarter than I am might be able to shed some light on this. Might not be an issue, but ask.

I just put a post in the here about replacing the zipper on my NexGen. Be careful how you fold the suit ( don't fold the zipper ) They did replace it with the new plastic zipper. 17 dives on it so far, no issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom