BARE HD Trilam Tec vs. DUI TLS 350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireInMyBones

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently have a BARE drysuit. I have only has it out for a few dives. Perhaps it is because it is new, but does anyone else have an issue with serious stiffness? I have been doing some research and find that for the most part, people like their DUI TLS 350.

The thing is: I have a great functioning drysuit. I do not need a new one. I do However feel dooped into buying the BARE when I really wanted the DUI. Silly LDS.

I suppose that I am asking for opinions. "Keep what you have and be thankful," is a valid opinion. I do deep, cold water diving and plan on seeking cave training beyond my Cavern cert. I do have trouble reaching the valves in the BARE.

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

I have the same suilt and although I had some issues with it I have no major inconveniences with it. It is stiffer than TLS and even CLX for sure but that does not present any problems.

I would recommend relocating the valve into the proper place. If the suit and the undergarment is sized properly there should be no issues with reaching the valves. I have none.

Re-reading my post again, I should have said that I can not really reach my tank valves (for valve drills).

I have also lost over 15#s and do not plan on putting it back on. My BARE is now more baggy in my mid section than ever. I feel there is too much suit in some places and not enough in others.

The difference between Bare and DUI is what, around $1500?

More seriously, you should have no issues with the Bare suit. It sounds more like you are just getting used to it.

But, if it is the wrong size, that could be an inconvenience though that would be any suit regardless of the material.

1500?! Where did you get those prices? I did a calculation that with the cost of fixing issues on my bare it approached the price of the TLS

1500?! Where did you get those prices? I did a calculation that with the cost of fixing issues on my bare it approached the price of the TLS

I don't know what issues you are trying to fix. Bare has a great warranty, so if you are spending money it's because you bought the wrong size suit or want customizations.

When I was shopping for my drysuit, the DUI was $1500 more than I paid for my Bare.

One of the issues with Bare is badly placed exhaust valve.

I do not know where you are located but here the difference between TLS and Bare was few hundred dollars when we were looking for the suit for my wife. Bare itself costs in a range of 1700 nowdays here I will not believe TLS wpuld cost 3200

Where is your exhaust valve? Mine is on the left arm right where it belongs.

The DUI was right at $3k when I tried buying one. Same price at two LDS.

Where is your exhaust valve? Mine is on the left arm right where it belongs.

The DUI was right at $3k when I tried buying one. Same price at two LDS.

Mine was on the biceps. I had to relocate it to the outside of the upper arm.
Year 3k totally overpriced for tls. We got a clx way cheaper than that

Back
Top Bottom