Bare HD Tech Trilam Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The stock suit I got fits like a glove. With full undergarments I needed no suspenders and would just tie the arms in a knot around my waist and I could walk around all day without the suit falling down. With the lighter undergarments of florida diving and the little bit of weight I lost, it doesn't stay up as well; but I have yet to feel I would -need- suspenders.

I despised the neoprene neck seal. It would leak down the back of my neck if I looked between my legs, and it was absolute torture when I was taking it off [I have long hair and it was pulling the hairs on the back of my neck every time]. During the first seal change, I had the neoprene neck seal replaced by latex and I couldn't have been more pleased.

I like the right leg stock pocket with a zipper. It fits my wetnotes perfectly, and I tend to keep my compass in there when I'm not wearing it, and it'll fit my other gauges during my surface interval. I added a fifth-D bellows pocket to the left leg myself. Neoprene cement would last about 20 dives before I had to re-glue it. On the 3rd reglue I went with aquaseal and have only had to touch up the edges a couple times.

I would strongly recommend against the hard boots. I had soft socks with rockboots, but I've seen people with the hardboots and I have yet to find anyone that liked them in any way, shape or form. When I had my zipper replaced I decided to go with turbo soles since I didn't see a need for the rockboots anymore [my shore diving went from the rocky shores of new england to the sandy woods of central florida]. They couldn't just glue soles onto the existing socks so I had to have the socks replaced as well. Not a big deal, but an added expense if you might want to go that route in the future.

The stock suit I got had the dump valve on the bicep. While it is nice that I can flex my arm to get it to dump, I have an increasing desire to move it back some more to my deltoid so I don't have to crane my arm as much to get it to dump.

The gaitors aren't a problem, but I don't feel they are necessary either. if I had the option to not have them, I probably would take that option... there are better after market gaitors you can put on that will fit snugger if you really feel you need them; but I think they are just a waste of material and a little more drag then is necessary.

I think that just about covers it...

My brother and I both have XCD2's (I have the the Tech, he has the Pro). I have socks with Trek Boots and he has the vulcanized boots.

I went with the Trek boots because I have skinnier feet / ankles and the vulcanized boot was very sloppy on me. His feet, although the same size are not as skinny so the vulcanized boots work well for him. All things being equal, I would use the vulcanized boot if I could as it's one less thing to put on.

Also, we do lots of rough shore entries and so far durability does not seem to be an issue on the the vulcanized boots.

Great InputThanks, to All :14:

I just purchased the 2006 trilam tek. I got the belows pocket and the vulcanized boots. Got a custom fit from divetank.com. Richard is real good at getting the size correct over the phone. The suit fits like a glove with my bare T-100 undergarment.

I have about 10 dives on it so far and love the suit. I use the same amount of weight (minus the ankle weights) as my two piece farmer john.

You will really enjoy the suit. Just make sure to give Richard your measurements and he will let you know if you require a custom suit or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom