Bare elastek discontinued??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xozzx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a new wetsuit and spent a fair bit of time researching them on the net. I have made my decision on the Bare elastek 5mm as I have not read a bad review about them yet and the ease of donning and doffing appeals to me. However almost every site Ive looked at to buy from has either out of stock or discontinued. Has the suit been discontinued?

I have seen a few sites in USA selling them but postage to Europe has been more than the price of the suit! I am from the UK, live in Gran Canaria and work in Romania so been looking at many different sites. I have found one in Poland which is a decent price, just curious before I commit to buy why they are so difficult to find.

It looks that way. I got a close-out 7mm Elastek hooded step-in vest from Leisure Pro at a fire sale price and there didn't seem to be fresh product behind it. It's a little stretchier than my old Arctic but it was mainly a size change to get the long version. In the water they are both perfectly comfortable.

Based on prior experieince I'd get the Sport which seems to be the legendaty Arctic rebranded. It includes the same suit and vest options.

Pete

So the Elastek suit just got redesined. So the 2011 is on closeout at 20% off but the new 2012 with liquid tape are avalible as well. It is a great suit, you should go with it.

---------- Post Merged at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:33 PM ----------

We will beat any Leisure Pro price.

I just got a 2012 7mm Elastek a few months ago. It's still stretching out a bit, but I love it overall.

I have both the 3mm and 5mm Elastek and love both of them. It is the only wetsuit that I found that actually fits me well and feels great in and out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom