Bare drysuit sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Bare XLT, and am 6'3" and 220 lbs. The LDS had to measure me to be sure the suit was cut properly. I use the two different Bare undergarments; the thin one most of the year, and thick one (I think it's called Polar Extreme when it gets below 50 ... it worked fine in 43 degree water this past Jan in British Columbia). Some other advice on the Bare drysuit: don't waste your money on the Rock boots. The darn things, if your feet are as large as mine (11 & 1/2), don;t fit into any of the split fins I own (including XXL Twin Jets). Turtles were the only thing that fit, until I tried going without the rock boots, instead putting a really large pair of wetsuit booties over the feet of the drysuit ... works like a charm. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably get the built-in boots on the drysuit.

MyDiveLog:
If I had to do it all over again I'd probably get the built-in boots on the drysuit.

I really like my built in 'moon boots' on my Bare drysuit. Draw back-- is a need for two sets of fins....one for diving wet and one to fit the larger 'moon boot' on the drysuit.

On the boots: I find that 1: the boots work well for shore entries and 2: they keep the air out of my feet --> no ankel weights even with 'non-turtle' fins. But yeah, the are really da*n large boots, fin sizing gets very important.

I don't mind having to buy another pair of fins it's just part of the game. Problem is I have size 14 feet which leaves XXL Turtles or Jets, I have a pair of splits in the back of my closet somewhere, I have not used them since I got my OMS slipstreams but thats a different thread. I have researched all the different suits and Bare was the only one that had all the features I wanted for a reasonable price (about $1000 less than the DUI suit I wanted). Maybe I am just being cheap and will regret it later.

danktex:
I am in the market for a drysuit and the only company that seems to make a stock size that would fit me is a Bare XLT. I am 6'4", 230 pounds and 36" waist. Does anyone Know if their sizes are accurate? Are the drysuits cut with any particular undergarment in mind or are they pretty tight? Or do I have to get a custom cut DUI fot a lot more money?

Which suit are you getting? If it is a front zip you will have no truble with it fitting after you get it on. If anthing the problem is getting the neck over your head. The torso "telescopes". I'm at the other end of the size chart. I'm have the "short" version but my torso lenght is right at the upper limit, hard to get my head under but onece on the telescoping feature means there is a huge amount of vertical "room" inside. They are cut rather full. All shell suit have to be because they don't stretch.

I took the elastic panel out and put on a crotch strap so my Bare "Tech HD" is more like a DUI now. The telescope feature was stronger than I wanted. But then I'm top of the size chart for "short" It would have worked without the mod but I needed the feet swapped out. I use crushed neopren socks and DUI rock boots.
It is a very sturdy suit. The trilan is about doube the thickness od a DUI trilam

I am looking at getting the Tech HD so it is front zip.

I'm 6-1 215 and the Large Tall fits perfect with the T200 undergarment. If you're looking for a good deal on the Bare Nex-Gen, call scuba.com they had (maybe still have) a package with the suit, trek boots and T200 undergarment for $840. It's a pretty good deal I think.

Back
Top Bottom