Bare drysuit sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danktex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am in the market for a drysuit and the only company that seems to make a stock size that would fit me is a Bare XLT. I am 6'4", 230 pounds and 36" waist. Does anyone Know if their sizes are accurate? Are the drysuits cut with any particular undergarment in mind or are they pretty tight? Or do I have to get a custom cut DUI fot a lot more money?

I dive a bare large and I'm 6'1", 195 lbs and have a 34 inch waist. I _could_ have bone for a large tall (was right on the border) but it's ok, with a bit of 'shimmying' I can reach my tank valve. Draw your own conclusions, but I think you'd be ok. Have you talked to a reseller and gotten their recommendation?

Bare has 'custom' sizing if you want to go that route,,,,Bares suits are cut to accomedate their thickest undergarment. They make a good basic drysuit.

jeckyll:
I dive a bare large and I'm 6'1", 195 lbs and have a 34 inch waist. I _could_ have bone for a large tall (was right on the border) but it's ok, with a bit of 'shimmying' I can reach my tank valve. Draw your own conclusions, but I think you'd be ok. Have you talked to a reseller and gotten their recommendation?

Thanks Jeckyll, what thickness undergarment do you use? None of the shops I use talk well about Bare but they also sell other suits. Go figure.

texdiveguy:
Bare has 'custom' sizing if you want to go that route,,,,Bares suits are cut to accomedate their thickest undergarment. They make a good basic drysuit.

I am glad to hear they are cut that way. I guess I will have to drive up to Scubatoys to try one on.

danktex:
Thanks Jeckyll, what thickness undergarment do you use? None of the shops I use talk well about Bare but they also sell other suits. Go figure.

I dive a 200 weight, but I wear a northface fleece shirt under that. No problem with the exposure protection.

As far as the quality of the suits, go take a read through this forum to hear from people who own them :)

danktex:
I am glad to hear they are cut that way. I guess I will have to drive up to Scubatoys to try one on.

Give Debra a ring at SIS in Arlington,,,we will save you some drive time/mileage.....Debra carries both Bare and DUI..... (817)652-DIVE.... tell her Alan sent you. :wink:

Another good resource for BARE is Richard over at divetank.com, he consistently recieves praise from those on the board who have used his services...myself included.

...he also sells DUI.

danktex:
... a stock size that would fit me is a Bare XLT. I am 6'4", 230 pounds and 36" waist.

I had a BARE Med/Large Tall for my 6'2" 180lb frame, but got rid of it because the arms weren't long enough. Really sort of an overall not long enough, not broad enough in shoulders, not tall enough.

This was wearing 400g Bare undies, and the suit had the ATR torso, so it did "give" a little, but not enough.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that at 6'4" you're going to be pushing it a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom