Bare CT 200 Undergarment question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've read that several divers that liked their ct 200 complained that the undergarment was a bit restrictive in the shoulders. Would it make any sense to split the seam in the shoulders and sew in a panel of stretch material? I hope this doesn't seem silly but it seems a reasonable solution. Has anyone tried it? Any thoughts?

I have no problem with mine i just ordered the suit a bit bigger than i needed so i have lots of movement and i can ad layers under it if i need to but i was pretty good in 40f water

I have not had a problem with mine either. I wear patagonia medium weight wicking underwear underneath so that I am warm enough and I find the suit to be just right.

If the underwear is too restrictive it may be due to the size. To alter the shoulder may take from the insulating properties. That is the only thing that I can see with modifying the suit.

Dive warm,

Mine fits me very well but your idea sounds like a workable solution. However, imo, the material you use should be somewhat water resistant (I've had my undersuit completely wet on the outside without seeping through to the inside.)

And was considering exactly the same solution. The garment fits just about perfectly - except it's just a touch too tight across the shoulders.

Let me know what you find out or choose to do.

I was thinking of having a seamstress take out some fabric in the legs to make them a bit shorter and closer fitting and have that put in the back of the shoulders, either that or see if she can recommend a stretch material that would close enough when not stretched or pulled on that there would be minimal heat loss.

Boogie711, it may be a week or two before I know anything but I'l try to post on this thread when I know what (if anything) I do.

paco,

I haven't used mine yet but mine are also a little long. I'm considering alterations. I don't think shortening it would change the insulation but the shoulder thing might. Plus, you are talking about a total of $100-$200 in alterations at a good place. Unless you know a seamstress...

How cold and warm have you other owners used your ct200 in? I Just bought the ct200 and some long polypro undies.

I'm finding my CT200 a little tight in the shoulders. I was considering having it altered by having the back of it opened up and adding some stretchy material to allow the top part to expand as I need it. As well, the legs are too long. My upper body is a bit larger than what my lower body would dictate....

I think BARE is really missing out not offering the option of custom ordering their undersuits. I have a custom made XCD2 Tech Dry Suit and it fits like a glove. I ordered the 200 suit to go along with it and it was waaaaaaay off! I ended up returning the 200 and getting an Andy's custom made (BARE could have had that money) however my friend loves his off the rack 200 and man is it nice looking when it fits right!

Back
Top Bottom