Barbados - making first dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne:
We will be at the Bouganvilla Resort Oct. 16 thru 23, 2004. What type of weather should we be expecting during that time and how will it affect the diving? I really want to dive the Stav. I am advanced OW and hubby is OWSI, so we should be OK as far as the depths, but I don't like to dive when the currents are very strong.

Hi zuzanne!

I generally visit Barbados in November but have occasionally visited mid to late October. October, I have been told is a bit of an "iffy" month, but I have had nothing but great weather in October. There have been localized showers but nothing that you can't work with.

I have been told that after a period of rain on the west coast, the visability on the "stav" can reduce dramatically. It's always best to query a local dive operator about visability and current conditiions before committing to the dive.

That being said.....do the "Stav" if at all possible. A gorgeous wreck!
And ...keep an eye out for the "huge" puffer that calls the Stav home!

regards; jbm

Back
Top Bottom