Banjo Fitting & Modern SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to say, if you got the banjo fitting and the adapter from Bryan, I'm certain he would do whatever it took to make sure you got a working set up.

I got the banjo from VDH but the hose adapter from VSS. I didn't see a hose adapter at VDH and I have looked through the web site several times.

Richard

Those hose adapters are a generic item,most retail dive stores carry them, LP, scubatoys etc also. The hose adapter may perhaps be cut incorrectly. I would look for a proper vintage HP gauge with a good hose on it and forgo the adapter. I have never used an adapter on any banjo I have so I cannot say they work or don't work but in other applications I have never had a problem with such things. Don't see any reason why it should not work.The banjo adapters I have actually predate the vdh version, they are the infamous Broxton C product.

N

Captain,

Thanks for the lead. I didn't realize these were still available or that it might be possible to just order one from my LDS.

But, if the problem is with the bevel being too deep on the banjo, this hose won't seal either.

I would rather use the hose directly with the banjo and eliminate the adapter just to reduce the number of components.

I will also need something like this for the Phoenix mod.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom