Bands for Double Faber LP 85's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am putting together a set of Faber LP 85's doubles. I have and OMS 200 Bar manifold with isolator and the two LP 85's. As you probably know Faber LP 85's are 7" tanks.

My question is "Can I use OMS 7.25" bands on this double tank setup?" I know there are 7" bands out there, but I can't find a set for a decent price. On the other hand I don't want to buy something that isn't going to work for my setup.

Suggestions?

When I put my LP Fabers together, I didn't realize they were 7" so I just put them together with OMS 7.25" bands. It was years before I realized that there even were 7" bands out there.
The way I found out was when I went to change out the lousy Faber tank boots that marked up my boat deck. Those are the only 7" boots out there.

Personally I would use the right bands. The 7.25"s might work, but I could also see them not being ideal. Have you sent a pm to Victor (detroit mudpuppy here on the board) and asked him what his price might be? He is very reasonable, and his bands are very very high quality.

Jim

Using 7.25" bands on 7.0" cylinders will result in the cylinders being closer together. If your manifold has that much of a room they will probably be okay. But the problem is that the isolater might bottom out or more likely there not be any thread space for the locking nuts.

On the other side the tolerances for cylinders is pretty loose. IF you have the bands already I would try it. Otherwise Mudpuppy's bands get high marks and I have heard good things about Joel's TECHDIVINGLIMITED.COM.

Thanks for the help, guys! I went ahead and placed an order with TDL for a set of 7" bands today. I appreciate the advice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom