Banda Sea - Trip Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CWK, great video! Thanks!

How were the currents and water temps? From the video, looks like the water was pretty calm.

Some neat critters, thanks!

Reactions: CWK
@CWK, great video! Thanks!

How were the currents and water temps? From the video, looks like the water was pretty calm.
There were very strong currents at times and I went through downcurrents twice, one of which was quite strong. Water temperature was between 26ºC and 32ºC. I was fine in a 3mm wetsuit. Someone from Toronto should be able to skinnydip without feeling cold.

There were very strong currents at times and I went through downcurrents twice, one of which was quite strong. Water temperature was between 26ºC and 32ºC. I was fine in a 3mm wetsuit. Someone from Toronto should be able to skinnydip without feeling cold.

I’m not a normal Torontonian. With those temps I would bring a 5mm full suit and 5/3 hooded vest “just in case”. :p

Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing - I soooo want to do this trip. Could you let us know what sites/islands you hit up on this route? Where did you see those hammers? Cheers!

Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing - I soooo want to do this trip. Could you let us know what sites/islands you hit up on this route? Where did you see those hammers? Cheers!
Route was Labuan Bajo to Wetar, then to Banda Neira before finishing in Ambon. I didn't record all the names of the islands. Hammerheads seen at Manuk island (no divesite name) and Batu Kapal off Banda Neira.

Thank you so much for the great video.
That crossing trip really seems to be such a special itinerary!! And you got so lucky with those hammers!!!
How would you rate the LOB?

I have, to date, only used the one LOB in Indonesia (twice - Komodo and Banda) so I have no basis for comparing it against other Indonesian LOBs. I had no issues with the Raja Laut and would use it again. Her crew were all great. My only minor grumble is that the cabins are small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom