Balmorhea- March 14-18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering what happened to the Feb trip to Balmorhea. I just figured everyone's Feb got filled up like mine.

I am interested, but I am planning to go visit my son in San Diego in March and dont have the dates nailed down yet. I will have to wait and see.

Willie

Donna I believe that is Spring Break Week.
I did that same trip your talking about a few years ago and the Big Bend was packed with people. Bumper to bumper cars :shakehead I couldn't believe it.
Rooms were hard to come by everywhere. We ended up staying in Ft. Stockton!
I've been to the Big Bend before when there were only 12 people total in the entire National Park but that was just after Labor Day.

It's all pretty though anytime of year. 'Good telescope country too right Willie :wink:

Have not been back to Big Bend since my early days after HS.....spent 1.5 weeks treking and canoeing the RG one hot summer with a HS buddy named Paul.....wonder if his mom still is watering those pretty little peyote plants we brought back and Paul planted in his moms backyard garden????? :eyebrow: :no :shakehead :D

texdiveguy:
wonder if his mom still is watering those pretty little peyote plants we brought back and Paul planted in his moms backyard garden????? :eyebrow: :no :shakehead :D

Thanks for that blast from the past, Mr. Mojo Risin'... :hippy:
:rofl3:

I'd like to go, but my March is pretty much booked. I would have preferred to get some dives at San Solomon Springs sometime this winter, because it's typically less crowded (which means better water conditions), and because of the ducks that migrate there in the winter. It's really cool to see the ducks diving down to grab a tetra.

texdiveguy:
Have not been back to Big Bend since my early days after HS.....spent 1.5 weeks treking and canoeing the RG one hot summer with a HS buddy named Paul.....wonder if his mom still is watering those pretty little peyote plants we brought back and Paul planted in his moms backyard garden????? :eyebrow: :no :shakehead :D

Sounds like you had some spiritual experiences. :wink:

Timeliner:
Donna I believe that is Spring Break Week.
I did that same trip your talking about a few years ago and the Big Bend was packed with people. Bumper to bumper cars :shakehead I couldn't believe it.
Rooms were hard to come by everywhere. We ended up staying in Ft. Stockton!
I've been to the Big Bend before when there were only 12 people total in the entire National Park but that was just after Labor Day.

It's all pretty though anytime of year. 'Good telescope country too right Willie :wink:

Thanks, Frank! I am planning to camp out. If I don't go to Big Bend, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Really, I just want to dive.

How is CSSP in March?

Hemlon:
How is CSSP in March?

It's usually still pretty chilly -- I did my Nitrox dives there in March 2004 and it was 48o, but I'd say it's typically between 50o and 60o.

Back
Top Bottom