Balikbayan diver here; help me plan a trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I flew to Bohol for $34 each way.
Check out my two photos of the airport at Tagbilaran, Bohol

Tiny airport! blue steal, is Tagbilaran the most convenient place to stay in Bohol? It looks like it's close to a handful of waterfalls that we'd like to check out and it's not that far from the chocolate hills either. Can you recommend a dive resort/shop there? :blinking:

fuggler. I stayed on Pangalo Island. There are many resorts there, check out lonely planet and ask around here. We stayed at the Alona tropical resort, it had a dive op on site. Rooms were okay, food in the rest. was great. Make sure you do Balicasag island. That was the highlight of diving for me.

Since you're already spending some time in Cebu after Bohol for some lechon, then there's no need for you to fly into Cebu. Just fly Manila-Tagbilaran-Cebu-Manila. Panglao Island will have a row of dive shops there to choose from. I know of someone who has a new resort and dive shop put up at the Baclayon area, which is less touristy.

Check out my pics here to see what sort of wrecks will be waiting for you in PG. :) Other than those, you're sure to get great dives with current, sharks, and lots of fishies. You might also want to try Anilao for a few days for another assortment of dives.

I'd be happy to dive with you, or even meet up in Manila while you're in town. I'll be diving in Monterey in September, so tips and tricks from you would be awesome! And yes, I do use YM. Add me up, I use the same handle. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom