Balikbayan diver here; help me plan a trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov, I got so excited about lechon that we went to a Filipino restaurant for dinner last night. (had a pound and a half of lechon!)

wershwie, I did a "rough draft" yesterday and here's what I got:
(our arrival/departure dates are final; got our tickets months ago)

nov 13 - arriving in Manila at 5 am
nov 14 - staying somewhere in QC
nov 15-20 - PG (booking with El Galleon/Asia Divers)
nov 20 - back to Manila early morning, Fly to Cebu, ferry to Bohol
nov 21-24 - Bohol
nov 25-27 - Cebu, fly back to Manila late afternoon on the 27th
nov 28 - last day in Manila, leaving at 10 pm

Leaving Coron out AND not having time to do the wrecks in Subic is really breaking my heart. But others have said that there are wreck dives in PG too, so that might be enough. Let me know if you can join us for a dive or two, or even lunch. Do you use YM?

There are a few wrecks in PG, but mostly man made. The Alma Jane, in 100feet, Monkey Wreck, in about 130-140 feet, Sabang wrecks (3 of them) in 30-60 feet... And another, can't remember the name, near Monkey wreck in about 90 feet...

It's not wwII wrecks by any means... But wrecks nevertheless with lots of marine life! But if you're crazy about huge wrecks, this will not meet your needs!

:popcorn:
paolov, I got so excited about lechon that we went to a Filipino restaurant for dinner last night. (had a pound and a half of lechon!)

wershwie, I did a "rough draft" yesterday and here's what I got:
(our arrival/departure dates are final; got our tickets months ago)

nov 13 - arriving in Manila at 5 am
nov 14 - staying somewhere in QC
nov 15-20 - PG (booking with El Galleon/Asia Divers)
nov 20 - back to Manila early morning, Fly to Cebu, ferry to Bohol
nov 21-24 - Bohol
nov 25-27 - Cebu, fly back to Manila late afternoon on the 27th
nov 28 - last day in Manila, leaving at 10 pm

Leaving Coron out AND not having time to do the wrecks in Subic is really breaking my heart. But others have said that there are wreck dives in PG too, so that might be enough. Let me know if you can join us for a dive or two, or even lunch. Do you use YM?

It's not wwII wrecks by any means... But wrecks nevertheless with lots of marine life! But if you're crazy about huge wrecks, this will not meet your needs!

:popcorn:

Uhm we've only done 1 wreck dive in Oahu and there are no wrecks where we dive (Monterey, CA). So any wreck is good! lol We're coming from a place where 15 ft. of visibility is considered acceptable, 55 degree water temp is "woohoo, warmer", and kelp fish is considered the prettiest. So needless to say, our standards are not that high. (Though I know the Philippines will truly ruin us.) :wink:

Well in that case the wrecks of Sabang will be great for you! Especially the Alma Jane. It a great, safe wreck to dive on! frogfish and the rest...

:coffee:

Uhm we've only done 1 wreck dive in Oahu and there are no wrecks where we dive (Monterey, CA). So any wreck is good! lol We're coming from a place where 15 ft. of visibility is considered acceptable, 55 degree water temp is "woohoo, warmer", and kelp fish is considered the prettiest. So needless to say, our standards are not that high. (Though I know the Philippines will truly ruin us.) :wink:

Well in that case the wrecks of Sabang will be great for you! Especially the Alma Jane. It a great, safe wreck to dive on! frogfish and the rest...

Yay@frogfish
I nearly shat my suit when I saw my first frog fish in Hawai'i last week:

IMG_1338.jpg

oh my!

you'd love manila bay!!! hahahahahahahaha

seriously though, you'll hate yourselves for diving in the philippines then... diving elsewhere will never be the same again

Jag

you dont have to fly to cebu if bohol is your target. there are flights from manila to tagbilaran, bohol.

black football-sized froggie at sabang darn thing gave me a head ache :rofl3:

oh my!

you'd love manila bay!!! hahahahahahahaha

seriously though, you'll hate yourselves for diving in the philippines then... diving elsewhere will never be the same again

Jag

Alam ko po! I've been warned by many. :( Hell I don't even want to go back to Monterey after not having to wear gloves + a hood in Hawai'i. Bwiset.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom