Bali-Tours and accomodation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alwinfield

Registered
Reaction score
Hey divers:
I am booked on the Mermaid 1 for Oct 8 and I will get to Bali on the 6th. I have two nights before the boat and 4 after.
I am a senior so I would prefer to be away from the crowds but not too far away. Where would you suggest I stay and what tours should I take. I will likely have had enogh diving after my week on the boat unless you can suggest a "not to be misssed" dive. Some suggestions for land tours would be appreciated. Thanks.

alwinfield:
Hey divers:
I am booked on the Mermaid 1 for Oct 8 and I will get to Bali on the 6th. I have two nights before the boat and 4 after.
I am a senior so I would prefer to be away from the crowds but not too far away. Where would you suggest I stay and what tours should I take. I will likely have had enogh diving after my week on the boat unless you can suggest a "not to be misssed" dive. Some suggestions for land tours would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is great diving in Bali, but as you say after a one week liveaboard you may want to focus on land based attractions which are plentiful. I would suggest you stay around Ubud, in the center of the island. It is beautiful, there are lots of interesting excursions, walks and plenty of excellent restaurants and nice hotels.

On the other hand, looking for mola-mola sounds very attractive as well :crafty:

alot depends on how much you want to spend...i like the ubud area for shops and dining and the monkey forest...I usually stay at the melati cottages for around 25 bucks a night....nice ,quiet and clean...or also have stayed in the hyatt's and le meridian which are very nice and cost more....there are hundreds of places to stay..I enjoy Bali..went there 3 times last year !

Bob

Just returned from Bali. Loved it there. Suggest you spend a couple of nights in UBUD. They have tons of various accommodations, we stayed in Sama's Cottages. Suggest you see a few cultural dances like the Kecak dance or Legong dance, Ubud has performances of these nightly. For day trips, go to the Ubud information center and inquire and book with them what you like. They have all the tours at good prices.

I think you should skip Kuta, and maybe head for Sanur. It's a more quiet strip of beach. You might also consider diving in Tulamben wreck from Sanur.

Enjoy! :wink:

alwinfield:
Hey divers:

We dove Komodo on the Mermaid I last August - have a great trip! We spent a few days beforehand in Jimbaran Bay, a relaxing place to get over our jetlag. After the Mermaid we stayed in Ubud, which like the others I recommend. We did some very touristy things which nonetheless were fun: rafting on the Ayung river (which is quite tame), visit to the Elephant Safari Park, and trips into Ubud's monkey forest. Also enjoyed hiring a driver for a day out in the countryside. Bali is gorgeous, the Komodo trip is fun - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Just wondering if diving good in the month of December? If there are any good diving spots during this rainy season, where could it be?

parpy:
Just wondering if diving good in the month of December? If there are any good diving spots during this rainy season, where could it be?

From what I hear Bali is divable all year round except for maybe Menjangan. It doesn't rain all day during the rainy season, but how much...I don't know. Should check with a dive operator, or maybe another source with less of conflict of interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom