Bali summer 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Psavio

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I have just registered and am having some trouble in finding out how to post a new thread.

We will be flying to Bali this summer for about 17 days, traveling with my wife and 18y old daughter who only snorkel.
Prior to booking flights/hotels/transfers, I am looking for specific info in order to plan my dives & our visits.

I am a vacation diver, got my OW + AOW in the Red Sea and mainly try to dive 3 to 6 (half) days during a 2 week vacation.
Besides Egypt (Sharm/Hurghada/Dahab), I dove in Thailand (Phuket), Mexico (Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Cozumel/Holbox), Canary Islands (Lanzarote) and Florida.

I would really love/hope to see some Manta but basically, as I really enjoy being/relaxing in the water, I can appreciate whatever life there is to be seen, as long as the visibility is ok.

Appreciate you reading this and I thank you in advance for your feedback.

Psavio

Mantas can be seen on most dives to Manta Point all year round. Most operators in South Bali or Padangbai offer trips there with2 or 3 dives. I think posting prices here would be rude, but you're welcomed to contact me or check our website for more info.
As for the rest of the stay, many operators offer safaris. Some love these. Others hate these. I'm part of the latter group since moving from hotel to hotel on a daily basis and spending long hours commuting are not my thing.
If you look around, you'll quickly find that there are a few places where you can stay and dive most sites on the island with small commutes. Staying in such a place means you can get more than a few days surrounded by Balinese people and establish a rapport. You can even combine a few such places on an 18 days trip...

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

Have a great trip...!!

Bali is on my bucket list. Lucky you. Hope you have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom