Bali Resorts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick.r

Registered
Reaction score
Hi My friends , for the first time i think i can go to Bali in march , I have looked at a lot of posts on Bali and my problem is I don't have a lot of money and the places that i have at a great rate seem to be at the north end , but i would like to find great prices like i have seen around Tulamben for 7 days $500. all Inclusive around Sanur that way I would be close to the shops the dive sites , I love to dive but i would also like to spent time to see how there ways of life are , thanks for your time , rickr.....

tons of places to stay in Sanur at $30 or less a night, but no inclusive dive resorts. You have to travel away from Sanur to get the better diving. Like boat dives to Nusa Penida or drive to Tulamben, Candidasa etc

Have a look around Padang Bai and Candidasa, only an hour from Sanur. YOu can get cheap accomodation there no problem. You only need one or two days of shopping in the south to have enough

Thanks Mike, Have you herd of wreck divers? they have good deals but they say they only take reservations over the phone??

Wreck Divers in Tulamben, yep its a nice place, right across the street from the wreck. I think only around 5 rooms so small and cozy. I would recommend one of the bottom level rooms, not the one up top.

Seems strange about reservations over the phone though

if you have a couple of extra days and want to see the culture move up to Ubud (in central Bali) for a couple of days. You can do a search on Homestays in Ubud and find some really excellent places to stay that are under 50 a night.

Go see a Cekak dance while you are there. From Sanur one of the best places to see it is here:

Pura Ulu Watu. Ulu Watu

I have also attached a link to a gob of photos from our trip last year:

Here

GREAT PHOTOS !! thanks , ya i think i will be there at least 14 days and i am going to get a 60 day visa in case i go bam boo and find what life is all about. thanks, rick.

hi Rick
In Sanur, you can enquire with Baliscuba. Their diving and accommodation packages shld be within your budget. They usually put their divers at the Sindhu Mertha Guesthouse which is very good value for money and located just across the dive shop. They may have other options for longer stays. We have been diving with them past 2 years and they are very well run outfit. Do take the NITROX cert (abt US$100) as many diveshops in Bali offer free NITROX. In Tulamben, we have stayed & dived with Tauch Terminal (unlimited unguided shore dives + free nitrox, but the EURO is a tad strong now) and Seraya Secrets - found both to be very reasonable with their rates and accommodating to our budget. The people, diving and service in Bali is exceptional so I am sure you will have a great time.

Thanks BCwoo, ya this is going to be something i have set the date at the end of march i have a ticket so now i just hope to find some good places to stay wile i am there , I know i will have a great time no mater what happens thanks for the help,,rick.........

Rick,
I just did a trip like you want in October. I stayed at Abosolute Cuba Bali in Padange Bai for diving, and they arranged a night in Ubud for shopping and the cultural stuff. I lived in Indonesia for 6 years, and spent many weeks touring and diving in Bali, and believe me 2 days to tour around is plenty. From Padang Bai They arranged diving in Tulamben, Ahmed, Nusa Penida, Manta Point/Crystal Bay, Gili Biaha/Tepekong. The drive from Tulamben to Padang Bai is spectacular.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom