Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

“From Oct. 19 fully vaccinated people from eight countries, including Britain, France, Spain and the United States, will be able to enter the island without quarantining if they pass their COVID-19 tests, the government said on Saturday.”

So, for those traveling from those 8 countries, they can use Singapore for stop over going to Bali from Oct.19 on.

The Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment as well as the Coordinator for Handling PPKM for the Java and Bali regions, Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said 18 countries were allowed to enter Indonesia. Although the 18 countries are not detailed, there is one country that is still not allowed to enter Indonesia, namely Singapore. This is because the country has not met the standard provisions of the World Health Organization or WHO.

Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy Sandiaga Uno said the quarantine period for foreign tourists entering Indonesia will be reduced from eight days to only five days. This reduction in the quarantine period has been approved by President Joko Widodo.

No information on the effective date yet.
Hopefully by February, next year, it’ll quarantine-free visit, like in Singapore. Otherwise, I won’t bother to come.

this from a famous resort in Lembeh ... diving quarantine ... not bad at all !!

1633976608618.png

this from a famous resort in Lembeh ... diving quarantine ... not bad at all !!
You hear that @Centrals

Palau has done the same and I’m booked for 2 back-to-back liveaboard trips, using the boat as approved quarantine place, which I think it’ll be more isolated than a dive resort.

You hear that @Centrals

Palau has done the same and I’m booked for 2 back-to-back liveaboard trips, using the boat as approved quarantine place, which I think it’ll be more isolated than a dive resort.
Nothing official yet that it would be different than staying in your room, as it is the case now.

Not sure if LOB is still attractive for quarantine.

Here is a statement from minister of tourism. May be he think LOB is a cruise ship.

"During the five-day quarantine process in Bali or Riau Islands, foreign tourists who enter are not allowed to leave their rooms, villas, or ships related to live on board," concluded Sandiaga.

Yeah, this isn't going to kick start their tourism trade either...why would I travel to Bali as a fully vaccinated & tested several times pre-departure/post arrival and still want to be on house arrest for a week?

Thankfully, other destinations have a more enlightened approach. Really sucks for those making a living on the tourist trade though...

Reactions: Dan

No official statement yet.
“Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Sandiaga Uno said the island-province had received requests from tourists and industry players that were interested in a five-day quarantine at sea, where visitors would be able to enjoy outdoor activities, such as diving and swimming.”

This article was published in thejakartapost.com with the title "Five days at sea: Bali seeks to give tourists holiday feel during quarantine". Click to read: Five days at sea: Bali seeks to give tourists holiday feel during quarantine.

Download The Jakarta Post app for easier and faster news access:
Android: The Jakarta Post - Apps on Google Play
iOS: ‎The Jakarta Post

It sounds like he’s trying to copy what Palau is doing. If that works, then the rest of the green color region, like Raja Ampat, would soon follow, I hope.

Sorry for the partial hijack. . . I understand (or think I do) why Bali is part of the early opening, but why Raiu? It seems in the middle of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom