Bali October 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, i finally finished my Bali pics from October when i went to Scuba Seraya in Tulamben. These are from the 3 days I stuck around for with Diver Dennis after teaching a workshop, i don't take my camera when i teach. So this is stuff from i think 3 days worth of dives, as you can see, an incredible variety of stuff even in that short amount of time. Saw some great opportunities when doing student dives but... didn't get a chance to go back to a few places i wanted to... too far :glare: to get to Gili Selang with the small boat... But OOO when we went there with the big boat during the workshop, OH MAN! what a dive site that is.... i can't imagine how many pics i would have and how much longer it would take to go through them if i was shooting the whole time! What a fantastic area for photographers and really under rated compared to all the press that Lembeh etc gets.

Most of these shots are from Seraya Secrets with some others from the Liberty wreck and a couple of the other sites in and around Tulamben, including my first real pygmy photo... :lol: I didn't do too much out of the ordinary this time around, mostly just getting shots of all the cool critters that were new to me.

Bali October 2006

Samples:

BaliTulam1126mv06.jpg

BaliTulam187mv06.jpg

BaliTulam1399mv06.jpg

Great shots as usual Mike. I thought that was me in the top photo, I'm afraid you need a better model...:wink: The workshop was excellent, in fact I've signed up for the Advanced course next year. It is terrific to have so many wonderful dive sites so close to Scuba Seraya. In fact one of my favorites is Seraya Secrets right in front of the resort!

The other great point about the resort and the course is that the only divers in the resort are the ones in the course. I really enjoyed the extra days diving there.

It looked like you to me too Dennis :)

no shortey?

Not any more. I was in Palau and was wearing my shorty and brushed some fire coral. Well normally it's no problem but I wore a long suit the next day and it got infected, bad. My temp went up to 39 and I had to miss a day of diving and spend $$$ on the doc. Long suits only from now on...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom