Bali/Lombok - Where to go ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nelumbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm going to Indonesia in September. I will be staying on Gili Meno for a few days, then a few days on Lombok and off to Bali for another couple of days.
I plan to do a bit of boat diving around the Gili (2 days), and I'm thinking of diving somewhere else on Lombok or Bali.
I don't mind currents, long boat trips, or medium visibility (compared to Belgium, it will still be a million times better :eyebrow:) but I have quite a tight budget (can't afford 100$ for 2 dives, so I guess the Nusa Lembongan area is excluded :depressed:)

I would love to see something very different from the Gili (pelagic, macro, I'm not fussy!)...can anyone suggest a particular region or site?
Are there great sites (apart from Tulamben) to do shore dives without a guide ?

Thanks a lot!
Sophie

Sophie along the coasts of Seraya,Amed ghost bay,coastline of Amed,Jemuluk bay,japanese wreck and even Gili Selang and you will enjoy the various things along the way.

If you are travelling with a buddy you can hire fisherman boat for around 50.000 rp.

Bali is a macro heaven and and there is some lovely corals.

There are other places also but staying in Tulamben you can cover these area's and have more options.

Happy Diving !

There are some nice macro sites around the Gilis: Harbor Gili Air, Harbor Teluk Nara Lombok, Nudibranch city, The corner, and Hans reef.
What kind of things you can see: mimic octipus, blue ringed octopus, all different kind of gost pipefish, cocatoo waspfsh, frogfish, pipefish, eels, etc.......
We are always diving with a guide. These are well experienced an have 5000 dives around the Gilis.
The prices on the Gilis are fixed, 370.000 IDR for a fundive.

Dear Sophie,
Welcome to Bali.

I have no advice to dive in Gili, but I would be happy to remind you, September is still Mola-mola session. Why not take the time from your dive planing to dive in ​​Nusa Penida and Lembongan area. The prices are vary for every dive operator, that's why better to surf internet to get what you need .

Thanks ,
Indra

Why not get off the boat when you come back from the Gilis, find yourself somewhere to stay in Padang Bai, and do some of the local diving here? The local dives around the Blue Lagoon area; Tanjung Jepun, Ferry Channel, Bias Tugel, Tanjung Sari are beautiful dive sites, with a lot to offer for all diving tastes, from newby divers through to the most avid photographer.

With 2x dives starting at US$55 it will not break the bank either.

PM me for more details!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom