Bali Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, am in Bali in the moment and have spent a couple of day diving Tulamben/Amed. Was thinking to go up to Pemuteran and do some diving up there for one day but I’ve heard mixed reviews as some people say it’s not worth the drive but others say it’s fabulous.

I’m going to come back to Amed and do another days diving, kusambi 3 fingers and japanese but please lmk if i should do any others.

I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the nusa’s then hop over to kuta lombok as i’ve heard blue marlins diving there is compatible to Komodo, and maybe do Belongas if the ocean is kind.

Would really appreciate any info or changes that you suggest
I've dived Menjangan and Pemuteran. The diving was OK and I quite liked staying up there because it was really chill, but I would not do it as a day trip, even from Amed and you have better diving closer by, in my opinion.

Hey guys, am in Bali in the moment and have spent a couple of day diving Tulamben/Amed. Was thinking to go up to Pemuteran and do some diving up there for one day but I’ve heard mixed reviews as some people say it’s not worth the drive but others say it’s fabulous.

I’m going to come back to Amed and do another days diving, kusambi 3 fingers and japanese but please lmk if i should do any others.

I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the nusa’s then hop over to kuta lombok as i’ve heard blue marlins diving there is compatible to Komodo, and maybe do Belongas if the ocean is kind.

Would really appreciate any info or changes that you suggest

Yup diving in Lombok good for experienced divers. Cold water also. Check out wildscuba indonesia. You can at the dive sites have big swells fast currents and strong down currents. Not for the inexperienced.

I think we might we working with different definitions of 'frequent the area'. I live in Sydney and in my adult memory Mola Mola have been spotted off Sydney on a couple of occasions, but I would not say that they 'frequent the area'.
I believe that some snorkelers saw a whaleshark off Pemuteran in 2013, but again, I would not say that they 'frequent the area'. In my understanding, frequent, used as a verb, means 'visit often'.

I saw a whale shark on Deep Turbo off Gili Trawangan. I have pics...

I know of divers who saw a great white shark in Crystal Bay. Heck, there is video...

You get the point.

I think we might we working with different definitions of 'frequent the area'. I live in Sydney and in my adult memory Mola Mola have been spotted off Sydney on a couple of occasions, but I would not say that they 'frequent the area'.
I believe that some snorkelers saw a whaleshark off Pemuteran in 2013, but again, I would not say that they 'frequent the area'. In my understanding, frequent, used as a verb, means 'visit often'.

Yeah I get your point. I see them more frequently in Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom