Bali Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssoooll

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, am in Bali in the moment and have spent a couple of day diving Tulamben/Amed. Was thinking to go up to Pemuteran and do some diving up there for one day but I’ve heard mixed reviews as some people say it’s not worth the drive but others say it’s fabulous.

I’m going to come back to Amed and do another days diving, kusambi 3 fingers and japanese but please lmk if i should do any others.

I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the nusa’s then hop over to kuta lombok as i’ve heard blue marlins diving there is compatible to Komodo, and maybe do Belongas if the ocean is kind.

Would really appreciate any info or changes that you suggest

I would say that the long drive to Pemuteran for just one day of diving is not worth doing.

Gili Selang is worth a dive. South of the island can be challenging, North less so. The put-in for Gili Selang is the same as for the Japanese wreck.

Pemuteran is at the bottom of my dive sites list to visit in Bali. I did visit few time just to get an update of situations. We always combine with Menjangan for 2-3 days and 1 day at PJ. Unfortunately, the last two visit to PJ was not impressed at all.

Hey guys, am in Bali in the moment and have spent a couple of day diving Tulamben/Amed. Was thinking to go up to Pemuteran and do some diving up there for one day but I’ve heard mixed reviews as some people say it’s not worth the drive but others say it’s fabulous.

I’m going to come back to Amed and do another days diving, kusambi 3 fingers and japanese but please lmk if i should do any others.

I have 2 weeks left and wanted to do the nusa’s then hop over to kuta lombok as i’ve heard blue marlins diving there is compatible to Komodo, and maybe do Belongas if the ocean is kind.

Would really appreciate any info or changes that you suggest
i’m quite a new diver so would say there’s quite a good chance of seeing some bigger stuff,
What would you like to hear?
Didn't you not aware that you are still getting different opinions in SB?

Go to see/dive for yourself and draw your own conclusion.

What would you like to hear?
Didn't you not aware that you are still getting different opinions in SB?

Go to see/dive for yourself and draw your own conclusion.
i wouldn’t like to hear patronising comments like this

Just letting people know that i’m not massively into macro yet and so what constitutes a good dive for me could be totally different to people with a lot more experience

Gili Selang is worth a dive. South of the island can be challenging, North less so. The put-in for Gili Selang is the same as for the Japanese wreck.
I would love to but unfortunately the dive centres aren’t diving there at the moment :( did you dive out of amed or padang bai?

Simple solutions:

If you want to see "bigger" stuff head down to Padang Bai and get on a boat and do the manta dives and others around Nusa Penida and Gili Mempang/Gili Biaha. Heck, there's a shark cave.

...or...

Get on a boat and head to Gili T (if you like to party) or Gili Air (if you like more chill) and dive with a freakin' ton of big turtles and a very good chance at white tip sharks, bumpheads, Napoleon wrasse, etc..

...or...

If you want dives like Komodo, get on a plane and be in Komodo an hour later. Anyone who tells you any other place is like Komodo is... It ain't true.

That's my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom