Bali diving is better than I thought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD--What the drive from Manila to Anilao lacks is the intimacy of mountain roads, there aren't those freeway like stretches once you get away from DPS. Much more likely you'll stay awake though, snaking your way across Bali!

A day for diving Tulamben huh? To each their own. We're back for two weeks in mid-October, having been there five times now (and yes, LDR is where to stay). Possibly they put something addictive in their nitrox? Realistically there is much more to the diving there than the Liberty wreck. Jeez, at least two days huh?

We tried PD. Once. I found the water temp swings to be a bit much along with the trash. That's just me, it's not like there isn't plenty to see. No accounting for some diver's tastes, huh? (Good thing.)

Oh, bring some hard soled booties. It's shore diving and the lava rock beaches have not softened yet. // ww

To those who had dove there, any comment about the dive sites (Mimpang & Gili Topekong)?

just images is ok?

29336041992_d47f251dc9_z.jpg

28820375034_019edd56bd_z.jpg

29444268985_b1680f24a7_z.jpg

36788326732_3b61f502ce_z.jpg

are they rescuing them...

are they rescuing them...

Yes. Here are what I pick up from the chatter in the video. The divers said the wobbegong were still alive. The fish were not moving because they were stressed up by the ordeal. The divers just recorded them on video “for conservation” (not sure what they meant by that) before releasing the fish back. The divers didn’t mention how they found them.

Had they been found in Australia, they could have become fish & chip, according to Jonathan Bird:

Last edited:
I packed a lycra dive skin for Komodo, mainly to make getting in/out of the 3/2mm full wetsuit easier, and the 3/2mm full wetsuit.

I ended up wearing the dive skin only, except for two night dives, first as a precaution against colder water at night and second to just keep warm on the small boat ride to the larger boat. Water temperature was as low as 23 C and the dive skin was fine for a 60 min dive. In 27-29 C water, the water felt warm to me. We did up to four dives a day with about two hour surface intervals. No issues getting cold for me, even with successive dives.

@Dan_T yes it is legal to catch and eat here but they are not real good apparently. Glad they were returned!

Was back in Padang Bai at Geko in April and Crystal Bay was freezing! 20-21C. I was in a 5mm.

The Jetty critters looked ok back then in the early AM... Glad to hear it’s back open on normal hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom