Bali area book recommendation for fish, coral, inverts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaweed Doc

MSDT
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking for recommendations for good "picture books" or more technical keys to fish, corals, and other inverts of Bali and/or that vicinity. I love Humann and Deloach's "Reef Set" for the Caribbean and found it helpful and was hoping for something similar. I have the "Reef Fish Identification: Tropical Pacific" (by Allen, Steene, Humann and Deloach), but I've got a lot of pictures of fish that I took but that I can't seem to make heads or tails of in this work.

Thus, I'm looking for recommendations for coral and invert books of any kind and a better fish book wouldn't hurt.

Anybody have a favorite or favorites they'd recommend?

(And once I've gone through my pics, is this a good spot to post pics of critters I can't ID for group input?)

I can't help with books—Allen et al. is the best I've seen—but I look forward to replies from others.

Regarding posting photos for ID assistance, iNaturalist.org has been helpful for me, as well as Reef.org

I can't help with books—Allen et al. is the best I've seen—but I look forward to replies from others.

Regarding posting photos for ID assistance, iNaturalist.org has been helpful for me, as well as Reef.org
Thanks for the links.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom