Bali 3 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

After a 10 days liveaboard in Komodo in November I have 3 full days left in Bali.
My idea was 2 days Tulamben + 1 day Menjangan. Makes this sense?
Last year I was in Amed. Unfortunately I couldn' dive. So I was considering now to go to Tulamben because the wreck is more near.
My question: should I add Menjangan or just stay in Tulamben?
If so, any suggestions (divecenters, non-upscale accomodations)?

Thanks

i would say Menganan is too far, its 3 hours to get there from Tulamben. Stay the third day in Tulamben and do some more diving. There are lots of good sites there, not just the wreck :)

Hi,

I would also recommend to stay around Tulamben. The liberty Wreck is a fantastic dive and there are indeed loads of cool dive sites around. I personnally like to stay at Villa Markisa so I can easily dive the house reef in search of amazing and rare creatures, relax by the pool and simply have a great time.

+1 to the above advice.

Menjangan too far to go to for just one day (it's hours to the west from Tulamben and hours to the northwest from the airport). If you want to spend the third day diving someplace else, you might head back to Sanur after your two days at Tulamben and do a boat daytrip out to Nusa Penida or Nusa Lembongan. That way you'd be near the airport, too, for your flight out.

Don't go past Tulamben, plan on 2 1/2hrs plus just to get to Tulamben from south Bali due to traffic and road construction. Plenty of great sites other than the wreck to keep you busy for three days. I'd recommend Scuba Seraya, other than their house reef, it's all boat diving, much better than shore diving IMHO.

My vote would be to stay around the Tulumben area. We thought the wreck dive was FANTASTIC!! You could dive it over and over and see different stuff every time. We saw lots of macro , a huge barracuda and a large school of jacks! I have also heard great things about Villa Markisa! In fact, I watched a 30 minute video someone shot right in front of the resort. Awesome diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom