Balai versus Solana resort in Anilao??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kulot:
I wonder which site this "manta dive" takes place?

by the sound of it this "should" be right in front of balai... i don't know... i still have the feeling my fin is being pulled here...

btw, you going this weekend? i figured since you were just recently certified casty would have egged you to go this weekend...

Jag

shugar:
by the sound of it this "should" be right in front of balai... i don't know... i still have the feeling my fin is being pulled here...

btw, you going this weekend? i figured since you were just recently certified casty would have egged you to go this weekend...

Jag

Nope have a whole bunch of family obligations this month. So looks like no diving for me until March. Sigh!

Fredi:
I know some of you have been to both resorts.In your opinion,which is the better one interms of diving,overall facilities and ambience,and of course the food.I'll be there with some friends for a few days of diving next month,so your recommendations are helpful for us to decide.Two of my friends don't dive but would like to hang around the beach(if there is one) and snorkeling by the shore..Please help!Thanks alot.Fredi.

Try aquaventure, they'll treat you like a señorito. You don't have to carry your tanks and weight belt or whatever. Tell them to bring your tray or cart to the boat. Just climb up to the boat in your wetsuit and your set to go diving. The food? well our mamas are always the best cooks but it is ok though. And lastly, get the rooms in front of the resort, a nice balcony to kill time.

Look for Bongskee at the resort dive shop. He'll give you a grand time diving.

caloy

Well the whole service bit is the same anywhere you go from what I hear. You don't have to carry your gear. The bangkeros will help you put it on in the boat. They'll even set up your gear for you. :) The only thing you have to do is wash your gear. :)

kulot:
The only thing you have to do is wash your gear. :)

for what it's worth when we were in dumaguete (Bahura Resort)... we didn't even have to do that! we literally just walked off the banca and our stuff was carried to the service area and rinsed down (very well too i might add) hehehehehe

senorito diving rules!

Jag

shugar:
for what it's worth when we were in dumaguete (Bahura Resort)... we didn't even have to do that! we literally just walked off the banca and our stuff was carried to the service area and rinsed down (very well too i might add) hehehehehe

senorito diving rules!

Jag

I experienced the same thing on Bohol.

Being hospitable, which the dictionary defines as "given to generous and cordial reception of guests," man those Visayans sure have plenty of that going around.

Dive Bohol!

kulot:
The only thing you have to do is wash your gear. :)

I must also say that at aquaventure after your dive, your gears are rinsed/washed and stowed neatly in your tray/cart. And if your going home you don't have to carry your gears up those flight of steps, they will, of course a tip is in order.

To each his own resort I guess, but that is just what I want my pre- and post-dive needs, no hassle, fresh and relax. I like to be spoiled.

Mabuhay and mga Señorito!

clgsamson:
I must also say that at aquaventure after your dive, your gears are rinsed/washed and stowed neatly in your tray/cart. And if your going home you don't have to carry your gears up those flight of steps, they will, of course a tip is in order.

To each his own resort I guess, but that is just what I want my pre- and post-dive needs, no hassle, fresh and relax. I like to be spoiled.

Mabuhay and mga Señorito!

May I just add..
- the grilled porkchops with gravy at aquaventure is just terrific!!
- Clean common bathrooms

kulot:
I wonder which site this "manta dive" takes place?

Right in front of the resort...

shugar:
Jag

Yes it is. the "manta dive" is actually an opel manta car model sunk right in front of the resort. I just dont know if you'll need seatbelts to dive into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom