Bailout configuration with three hoses (Apeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

maybe someone came up with a sleek hose routing. I am currently running DS4s on all on my bailout tanks.
  • All of them have a 1m hose with a standard reg attached to them.
  • The deep B/O has one hose with a QC6 connection straight to the BOV.
  • The other B/Os have a inflator hose attached.

I am debating with myself if it is worth the hassle to also add an inflator hose to the deep B/O. My thinking is that for shallow dives, where I only bring 1 B/O, i could use this hose e.g. for shooting the dSMB. However, I have not found a nice way to route three hoses in addition to the SPG on the DS4.
Two hoses go straight down and are neatly tucked away under the tank bands. But what about the third?

What are other people doing?
  • Using a splitter or 90°bend?
  • Don't add an inflator because it is overrated?
  • Route the hose up and straight back down?

Not an Apeks user but 90' elbow worked very well for third hose with male QC6 attached to it.

Not an Apeks user but 90' elbow worked very well for third hose with male QC6 attached to it.
Are you using the QC6 for the BOV connection? If so, have you any doubts that the elbow limits the gas flow rate? Or is this more of an "internet diving problem" and a "real diving problem"?

Are you using the QC6 for the BOV connection? If so, have you any doubts that the elbow limits the gas flow rate? Or is this more of an "internet diving problem" and a "real diving problem"?
Yes, I use with shrimp BOV, I haven’t noticed any difference, and hence BOV is basically a second stage I don’t think there would be any “limitation” on gas flow related to elbow since I know so many people used various second stages with elbows, including myself.

Hi all,

maybe someone came up with a sleek hose routing. I am currently running DS4s on all on my bailout tanks.
  • All of them have a 1m hose with a standard reg attached to them.
  • The deep B/O has one hose with a QC6 connection straight to the BOV.
  • The other B/Os have a inflator hose attached.

I am debating with myself if it is worth the hassle to also add an inflator hose to the deep B/O. My thinking is that for shallow dives, where I only bring 1 B/O, i could use this hose e.g. for shooting the dSMB. However, I have not found a nice way to route three hoses in addition to the SPG on the DS4.
Two hoses go straight down and are neatly tucked away under the tank bands. But what about the third?

What are other people doing?
  • Using a splitter or 90°bend?
  • Don't add an inflator because it is overrated?
  • Route the hose up and straight back down?

Qc6 on all bailouts with 40” hose and a qc6 to lpi cheater in my pocket is what I do

Ironically, I found this thread because of the issues you highlighted about hose routing.

I am thinking of using some TEK3s on some of my shallower bailouts.

But, my current setup up on my deep BO is a banjo 90° connector on the top port of the 1st stage to a short hose, then a male QC6 (connects across my body to the BOV hose).
I have the LPI and 2nd stage reg hoses tucked neatly down the cylinder.

Attachments

• Apeks to QC6.jpg
    Apeks to QC6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
I put the turrets from dive soft on my XTX 50s DST

Alternatively you can buy the turret from the MTX regulator for less than 100 bucks

Unfortunately for the DS4 there is no real easy solution.

Many people have switched to the tech 3 regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom