Bahia Magdalena Dive Reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba066

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know some dive cruises stop by Magdalena Bay during certain parts of the year. And, that there are restrictions during the whale migration on boat traffic. But, what about driving to the area and renting a panga for a dive or two. Has any one done this? Sounds like a fascinating ecosystem from what I have read. Also, I know in 1992 they found the H-1 sub that went aground in 1920 outside Magdalena Bay. Does anyone dive this wreck? Is the location still known? Is there anything left of it? Anyone want to go look? :) Just things I am curious about and have not found the answers to.

I used to work on a small cruise ship there. Of course it was during gray whale season and we were told no diving. That may have just been company rather than official policy, and may only have applied during the shale season.

From what I saw there in Jan/Feb I don't think the vis was very good.

Thanks for the info. What about visibility outside the bay? Recall what the current was like in the area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom