Bahia Divers vs. Bahia Principe Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PSK

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the new dive operations at the Bahia Principe Resort? I have used Bahia Divers in the past when we have stayed there. It is my understanding that the old operation has moved to Xpu-ha Bay and a new group is there now.

I was wondering how the new group is and are any of the old staff still there?

Thanks

Actually it is not a new group. Most of the employees are the same. What happened was that Stefano pretty much had a falling out with the management there (Eugene).
Stefano moved up to Xpu-ha and retained the name Bahia Divers. Those who stayed operated under the name of Bahia Dive Center. They have since changed the name to Bahia Principe Dive Center. The last time I was down there Stefano was in Italy. I have been trying to get a hold of him for quite a while now the last email I got from him was months ago.I don't know if he is still operating Bahia divers or if it has gone by the wayside.

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering what was going on with Bahia Divers. Their web site indicates that I am not authorized to view the site. I have not had any correspondence with Stefano since July 20 and I did not get any response to my emails I sent to bahiadivers@playacarmen.com.

It is too bad; we found Stefano to be a great Divemaster and were trying to line him up for a week of diving.

I will do a search on the dive operations are in the area and line up a new group to dive with in two weeks for the 5 of us.

bahia divers are in xpu ha. they run a much more private operation without the hotel cattle and still pick up at the hotel. Bahia Divers are also much cheaper. Still do all the cenotes and ocean and run a great shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom