Bahamas: Missing Female Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my first thought but, I didnt want to go there. Fighting the DM, narced or suicide? How many of us post here say "at least they died doing what they loved"

Something to do with the DM does not add up (or to do with MEG's accounting for facts).

That was my first thought but, I didnt want to go there. Fighting the DM, narced or suicide? How many of us post here say "at least they died doing what they loved"

Very early in the thread I "went there" based on a past experience. I was jumped on for "wild speculation," but in my mind I still believe it to be a very real possibility. The only part that doesn't measure up is hiring a personal DM, which would decrease the liklihood of a successful attempt.

Do we know the experience level of the Woods? It would seem to me that it was not very extensive if they are going to hire a DM for Her and He is going to buddy up with someone else. Very odd.

Meg, just curious if you were questioned by authorities and what kind of questions they asked you.
I am sorry you are having to deal with such a terrible experience.

......... however, would you employ a Private DM to dive with you for your "big event" and if so, what would the purpose be other than to provide a smoke-screen for insurance claims?

Best Regards
Richard

Well, actually, if that was my plan, yes. I would not involve my family or regular dive buddy.

And, having dealt with insurance, as I have, my thought is that absent something truly remarkable in the medical records, a claim under such circumstances is essentially iron-clad.

This is not to imply that this is in any way, shape or form, what happened. (But, someone posed the question.)

No i was not questioned by anyone

Meg Diver, how old do you estimate Mrs Woods to be? Do you know what her experience level was ?

Best Regards
Richard

She looked to be 47 to 52 I dnot know her experience level was , I will be back on later tonight

You're free to keep blaming the operation (you're rather good at it) but if it was my intent to harm myself by going over that wall into the abyss, I'm pretty sure there's no single person who would be able stop me.

That's a pretty sick and twisted thing to do to the DM. They were hired to protect you and you go and do something like that. I can't imagine the mental anguish that the DM would be going through thinking that it's their fault that you died when you had no intention of coming back from the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom