Baha Cruiser 200 Fisherman as a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcarlson1911

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I spotted a Baha 200 Fisherman that is for sale not too far from home.

1996 (first year of no rot construction?)
I/O
3.0 Volvo Penta
Small Cuddy
Bimini
Mooring Cover
Trailer
No electronics

Does anyone have experience with this boat as a dive platform. Usually it is just my wife and I diving. We currently dive off of my brother in laws 1.5 bayliner ski boat. It is satisfactory, but difficult to handle in anything over 1' waves.

We dive in the great lakes and would like to have a boat that is capable of traveling 20 miles off shore to reach the good sites.

I would appreceate any comments you might have.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with that particular boat.

That being said I noticed you're looking at an I/O with a 3.0L Volvo. I assume the "200" means this is a 20ft boat. Dad just sold his 21ft Trophy with a 4.3L chevy to a family who was looking to replace their older 20ft trophy with a 3L engine. You might want to look into something with a bigger engine if you're going to be 20 miles out. Or something with dual outboards.

Take it for a sea trial, load it up with people and/or gear and get it up on plane. If you like the speed go for it. Make sure to at least put a good quality VHF and depth sounder on it. GPS, then radar if you want to upgrade.

My 2psi.

deja vu

Try the site:

www.hulltruth.com

Very few divers in this forum own boats so the likelyhood of finding somebody here with experience onn that particular boat that you are fixated on is slim. I imagine you could get some opinions on the hulltruth and there is a new waterpsorts forum that covers diving on that site.

Hope that helps. You got any pictures of this boat?

N

Back
Top Bottom