Bag for (2) sets of gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its both and it has backpack padded straps, ill attach a pic of the wheels there on road or off road
20120108_002258.jpg

I have this Akona mesh bag for carrying gear onto the dive boat or to a shore site. I have seen many different bags almost just like it when it comes to size. I almost always put three sets of fins, one his backplate and wing, one hers small bc, three masks in cases, two snorkels, one hers small 5 mil full wetsuit, one his large 3 mil shorty, and one his large 1 mil full suilt. Then I put two or three regs, computers, extra o rings and straps, and anything else dive related into a backpack. Niether are heavy, even wet. And that way I carry all the gear and she can carry us some fresh clothes and snacks in another bag. If it's packed right it's very organized. Fins on bottom, bc's in the middle and wetsuits on top. I usually have both our setups put together a couple minutes after picking a couple of seats. If you pack tight, you can bring a lot of gear onboard and still have a neat space around you.
Last time we were on a boat I realized I have room for my weight bag so I went and got it out of the truck. The guy across from us got onboard without fins, a mask, weights, or a tank. The store brought two tanks over for him and I had the rest tucked away under our seats where no one could see; we saved his day.
If it's air travel that you need a bag for then you just need to check the dimensions listed on their website for checked baggage. And buy one that size or smaller from walmart or some department store like sears. It'll be Cheeovand therefore light. Protect everything by putting your fins to the outside. You should fit two or three pIts of fins and two bc's easily and lots it misc stuff Then get yourself a backpack and carry two or three reg sets in it along with sav a dive stuff. Now your wife or girlfriend can pack as big as a bag as she wants (carry on or check ) her choice and she doesn't have to have any if get room comormised because you need to pack scuba stuff into her back.
Now for your clothes. Put them into a bag that is the size if the planes carrying limit. The backpack that your regs are in counts as a mins purse so you can still have a carryine for your clothes. Then check the big bag of bc's and fins and your all set.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom