Bag for (2) sets of gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I are looking for a bag to hold both sets of our equipment. That would be BCs, regs, gauges, masks/snorkels, fins. Any recommendations?

I have The mares mesh bag that its sell on leisure pro and it works pretty good for two complete sets...

Do you want used or new?

I'm not opposed to used if it's in nice shape and it's what we need. We're still in the process of purchasing all of our gear and not familiar with the bag options out there. I wasn't even sure if it was feasible to put two sets in one bag.

For travel or for schlepping to the boat each day? If to the boat I recommend you each get a bag as trying to put everything in one bag is a PITA and will be heavy once things are wet. We have a simple heavy duty plastic coated mesh bag from AquaLung: http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-Mariner-Mesh-Bag/dp/B001P63U32. You can stuff everything in them plus a dry bag for other stuff.

If for travel, get a reg bag from Atomic as it will hold two sets of regs and gauges. After that get a heavy duty duffle as there is little chance you will get two sets of gear into one bag without going over 50lbs if it is roller board. As most weigh 10 lbs to start with and two sets of gear will be more than 40 lbs. At least ours is, but we always travel with a light, smb, small reel, etc.

What ever you get for travel just some thing that is not a dive mfg bag with labels on it. They are easy marks for theft.

I'm not opposed to used if it's in nice shape and it's what we need. We're still in the process of purchasing all of our gear and not familiar with the bag options out there. I wasn't even sure if it was feasible to put two sets in one bag.

I have the large Mares bag (duffel style, got it at Leisure Pro). You could make two sets fit, but it'd make the bag very heavy. Besides being hard to carry, long term durability will likely be affected.

I ended up getting two of the bags, since there are two sets of gear in the family, the weight of each loaded bag is pretty reasonable.

I use a large roller duffel - All my gear (no lead or tanks) including regs [computer in carryon], BDC, 3 mil full suit, heavy jet fins, Force Fins, Torch, Knife, and two sets of snorkel gear with fins (for wife and daughter) three beach towels a couple t-shirts shorts swim trunks etc to pad everything. a few extras etc. I keep it to 45 lbs for the ride out just incase stuff is wet coming home. I'm sure I could get everything I needed in carryon, This way I have everything I want. If you scrap the two sets of snorkel gear and towels - carryon your regs (as you are supposed too) there should be enough room for the other BCD and 3mm suit. use mesh bags individually for actual diving.......

Back
Top Bottom