Bag for 2 sets of gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are looking for a bag to fit 2 sets of gear, minus the regulators. We would prefer a roller bag. What is yalls recommendation?

If you can fit 2 sets of gear in one bag and still be under the limit....then you're obviously not buying enough equipment :wink:

Somehow I always get to 49.9 lbs with my gear, (in a hard side suitcase), and I'm carrying my regs. To be fair, I usually take a few clothes with me as well.

Interestingly.....it's always more difficult to keep it under 50 lbs on the return trip. :idk:

I think a lot depends on your gear. I have a balance Bcd and my wife a Pearl with a few clips on of stuff. We pack that, 2 sets of fins, booties, suits, 3 masks/snorkle, 3 skins, her wetsuit, dive knife and end up under 48 Lbs with a rolling aqualung travel isso bag.

We then take another large rolling bag for our clothes and carry on regs, cameras, dive log + a overnight carry bag. I could do one carry on each with regs in it and most clothes if my wife did not want to bring the closet with her…

That said another boost is I am a Amex Platinum card holder. I get $200 a year rebate for fees like luggage charges and even booze/ food on the plane when I book using the card. I just booked 10 days in Curacao 90% paid with my pts from last year. As a business owner I use the card to pay most vendors and get to go on a nice trip each year on the pts.

the XS Scuba Wheeled BackPack Gear Bag (costing 223.99 at DivePro) can very well accomodate 2 sets of dive gears (hoods, booties, full wetsuits, disassembled BPs/Ws, masks, fins, snorkels, SMBs with reels, whistles, back-up dive lights), with enough space to even accomodate the 2 regulators. The problem however, as mentioned by others, is the weight limit, coz even if the BP is kydex and the regulator is an Atomic T2x (which are both lightweight and ideal for travelling which are the ones we are using), the total weight would still exceed the maximum limit, such as the 23 kg restriction imposed for example by Delta Airlines. In the end, I would still end up using another bag for our gears and not maximize the full capacity of the said dive bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom