Bad knee and fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have blown both my ankles over the years. Used to use ScubaPro Jets. Killed my ankles!! Switched to Force Fins and no problems.

I've since tried other fins, but non alleviate the issue like Force Fins.

Giff

I have bad knees and bad hips. Force Pro is my first choice. Recently switched to Atomic Smoke on the Water to get away from the grief the shop was giving me. Either are great choices.

don O

I have one artificial knee and two pairs of fins, both splits. They work great for me and are much easier on the knees than paddle fins.

I had a double knee replacement about 14 weeks ago and although my first dive back about 3 weeks ago wasn't very comfortable last weekend I did two dives over the 2 days and it was very much better, I use Scubapro Jets and use the frog kick though so there isn't much pressure on the knees.

Both my ACL's need reparing and I am trying to get the nerve to have them fixed.
I used Force Fins all the time and they cause me no pain.

Couldn't resist!
I have had both knees taken out; one by a horse! Have had both ankles taken out too. Force fins are for me. I dive here in Estonia and the first time I brought out my Force Fin Pros in yellow, I was actually laughed at, out loud! I have gotten the last laugh more than once.

That stopped laughing when we got in the water and I was able to show how well these fins work - for example on a wreck dive in shallow water we were underwater for 1 1/2 hours and the return was only about 200 meters to the boat, but against the current I was able to maintain my position beside my buddy kicking about 1 to 3 of his strokes. When we got on board, he was completely pooped! I actually felt pretty good, like I was just getting warmed up! :wink:

Last week in a project Aware harbor clean-up we were in the water 4 hours. I had 3 different buddies and could stay with or out swim them all. And try standing on the bottom, bracing yourself and raising junk to the surface in other fins! Again the return trip while everyone else could barely make it, I was able to stay with them finning 1 every 2-3 of their strokes.

The first time I got these fins to really work it almost felt as I was on the surface and they were breaking water. It took me a few dives to really get used to them because you have to NOT try to make them work. I don't know if that makes sense or not. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom