Bad Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks, please remember that none of the manufacturers here have "magic scuba wands" that we wave and make everything instantly better. As you can read, the issue was resolved in the end. Breakdowns in communication can, and will, occur between the LDS, the Mfg, and the end user. It is sad, but true....but it happens in every industry!!!

All of us here, regardless of which company we represent, are here because we care about the end user, and appreciate the feedback we get from these forums. Like Mr. Erich said earlier in this thread, we juggle ScubaBoard along with our other daily responsibilites, so sometimes we don't even see the message until 12 or 24 hours later. Rest assured, we are all doing the best we can!!

Just have a little patience and most issues will get taken care of, if at all possible...

With that being said, I'm outta here...:wink:

Best regards,

Scott

If I was Oceanic I would not want you to remove your posts either. This is a total sucess story for Oceanic.
To think that any company never has issues or problems is crazy. No one is perfect, or any company for that matter. But to see a company rise to the chalange and turn the tide, That's true customer service.

Now where is the Scuba babe thread?

I have to agree that the LDS really was at first fault with this. THEY should have been dealing with Oceanic, not the OP. I agree that the OP had every reason to write their original post, and that often we SB members get a little over protective of our favorite manufacturers.

Kudos to Doug (Oceanic) for standing behind their product, but a big HISS to the original LDS. Congrats to the OP for getting the equipment they bought and deserved...enjoy diving it!! :D

I would like to join the love fest for their customer service.

I have had a couple of problems with the equipment (basic computers) but they were always solved quickly and without hesitation by oceanic.

Chris (cedrich) was instrumental in the most recent one.

sea nmf:
I would like to join the love fest for their customer service.

I have had a couple of problems with the equipment (basic computers) but they were always solved quickly and without hesitation by oceanic.

Chris (cedrich) was instrumental in the most recent one.

I didn't do a dang thing other than suggest you call Lee, The Oceanic Rep in your neck of the woods.

How is it working out?

Thanks Lee!

Well I guess I'll jump in th frey. I too have had problems with some new gear from Oceanic and decided to bypass my local LDS for reasons I won't go into.Doug was very quick in getting the process of sending my gear back and having the issues resolved.Though it is still on going I'm sure everything will work out fine.The reps here on SB have been great,so don't let your LDS put a bad taste in your mouth on the product,it is them that are not doing their job.

cerich:
I didn't do a dang thing other than suggest you call Lee, The Oceanic Rep in your neck of the woods.

How is it working out?

Thanks Lee!

OK, Lee solved it quickly. If the shop wasn't clear on the other side of the island, I could have had it that day. But he mailed me some batteries and they came the next day.

My weak woman-hands could not get the hatch back on but I went to my LDS (Breeze Hawaii) and they took care of it for me at no charge. They had a cool tool they used.

So all is fine until I have to change batteries again . . . .(weak woman-hands, you know)

Hi guys. I have been reading up on Oceanic gear and it seems that Oceanic in the US is awesome. This is really good to know that the people that make my gear care about their products.

I have purchased a complete scuba setup from visibility unlimited and the service I have received is second to none. Cathy has always replied to my emails so fast and offered great advice. I am really glad I was able to support this business.

Now for my problem and a little insight. This post is not a flame but an honest story about what has happened to me.

As I said before I purchased all my gear about 2 months ago from VU. I live in Australia and I received substantial discounts by purchasing online (Almost half price!!!). I have so far used my gear for 3 dives and I was very happy with it until my 3rd dive when my PX3 reg started to leak air. I went to my local Oceanic Dealer in Australia in order to make a warranty claim. The staff there were very helpful and contacted the local Oceanic Rep. This was where my dissatisfaction started. I could hear the rep on the phone and when he found out I purchased online he stated that Oceanic Australia would not offer any support for my gear either in warranty claims or spare parts. My PX3 first stage is not available in australia however my second stage and BC are so parts are no problem for them. When the dive store guy asked if OA could get a service kit for the PX3, the rep stated that he could but wouldnt.

Now I am getting increasingly annoyed at said Oceanic Rep. So I thought I would notify oceanic worldwide about my issue. I sent an email through their website 2 business days ago and have received no reply to date. I sent their Sales Manager (Mr Krauss) a email yesterday and have received no reply which is fair enough cause one person in his position probably gets a million emails a day and he cant reply to all of them.

My only saving grace was Visibility Unlimited who have stated that I can send the reg back and they will send me a new one so I am happy with that resolution.

You guys should take note of these issues I am having in case you ever bring your oceanic dive gear to Australia for a dive holiday. Oceanic Australia will offer no support, are rude and in my opinion are ruining Oceanic Wordlwides good name.

I would buy oceanic again, but definately not from OA. They are not a company I want to support.

Thanks for listening and all the best.

Milhouse from Oz.

PS I think that Oceanic Australia and Oceanic Wordlwide may be different companies???

Try calling Oceanics head warranty manager Ron Landess, ext.226
He'll shoot you straight.

I've had phenomenal service from Oceanic equipment and people for many, many years. I’ve never had any Oceanic gear fail me, but a few times I’ve needed service parts, or additional gear, in a hurry (usually my fault for not planning far enough ahead), in an out of the way part of the world, and they’ve never let me down. Oceanic has never failed to come through with exactly what they promised, when they promised it. I also find it a great advantage to have Doug and Chris here on the SCUBABOARD, as close as a PM.

Back
Top Bottom