Bad bubble noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on the topic? Google gives a lot of patent hits, such as this: But Bubble diffuser for scuba regulator= or this one: Patent US4527658 - Bubble silencer for an underwater voice communicator - Google Patents but no real products on the market. :( lores_r.gif

Why? Bubbles would rise via their inherent buoyancy through the pipes and exit without force.

Having the exhaust at a markedly different level causes problems. That is why Cousteau routed the exhaust hose around to end at a point next to the big LP diaphragm. Placing the exhaust above the second stage diaphragm would cause freeflow due to the pressure difference. That's how an airlift "vacuum" hose works.

Yeah, for a double hose I have to through my brand new scubapro g250v out of the window... At first I think I'll try something with a perforated inner bike tube...

Yeah, for a double hose I have to through my brand new scubapro g250v out of the window... At first I think I'll try something with a perforated inner bike tube...

I can tell you right now that it won't work. Besides, why wouldn't you want to trade up to a double hose?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom