Backup Second Stage Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JmeD ATX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

My girlfriend and I plan to dive full face masks (OTS Spectrum and Guardian) on a trip to Cozumel coming up. I have assembled everything except the last backup regulator and a set of back up gauges. I am thinking about either a used Scubapro G250 or a cheaper backup non-balanced octo. Advice?

Thanks!

My primary and alternative air source is the same!
Would you or your buddy or whoever use "inferior" equipment in emergency?

I don’t think Centrals understands that you’re using FFM’s.......no real advice other than ensure you’ve practiced and are very comfortable with the switch to your back up.

Well the guardian that I will be using has its own 2nd stage and I have a G260 and a S600 already so she can choose whichever she likes best to hook up to the spectrum as her primary. I also have an air2 on my BC, but not on hers. Both setups will be running off MK25 1st stages. I plan to put quick disconnects on everything so that FFMs can stay on in an out of air situation. I am leaning towards getting a G250 used (and having it serviced of course) but I wanted to see if there was any reason to go with a new non-balanced octo. I don't think I can really justify the expense of a new S600 or G260. I was thinking the G250 was a pretty good 2nd stage, just wanting to be sure I'm thinking correctly on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom