Backup Mask....HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a thought for you.
I carry in my bc pocket swimmer goggles (they only cover the eyes) and PRACTICE using them in a pool.

Obviously you cant clear them like a regular mask. But then too they are not as large or bulky as a regular mask....hard ...soft or whatever. Practice consists of taking off my primary mask.... opening my bc pocket and extracting the goggles....putting them on....at this time they are full of water........take octo or pony bottle reg (NOT primary reg) and shoot a puff of air right under each lense.

That is good enuf for a quick...safe ...ascent....or...maybe even to find where my primary mask went.

Works for me...maybe for you.

I have Oceanic Shadow Ice (clear skirt) - it's great - it folds almost flat, but the only problem I have with it is that it fogs all the time no matter how often i clean it. i guess is that because it is so close to the face..

other than that - a great mask. John Bennett used it on his record deep dive to 1010ft.

I just got certified this last sunday. Whole class used the scubapro crystal vu's without any probs. They market a "scubamax" mask that is exactly the same without the scubapro name. We used the purge model and all loved them, even those with moustaches. To support the LDS we (wife and I) bought the scubamax masks for 50-55 bucks each. But, I bought us a couple of actual scubapro crystalvu's with purge as backups off of leisurepro.com for 37.95 each and had them in a few days. The LDS would have charged about 75 bucks for the actual scubapro model. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom