Backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a German made LED Lensor D14. $58.00 including delivery from this guy...

LED-Lenser D14 7457-M Scuba Diving Cree LED Flashlight - eBay (item 220491007093 end time Oct-12-09 21:50:02 PDT)

ZL7457-M.jpg

This has to be the best bang for buck backup light available IMO.

• Excellent materials and construction.
  • Great size for convenient stowage in BCD pocket.
  • Easy to use when gloved, on off mechanism.
  • Very bright light
  • Excellent run time
  • Waterproof to 180 feet.
I have used mine to 154 feet, and it is fine.
I am very happy with mine and would reccomend this light as a reliable and bright,easy to use backup.

P.S.
I don't give recomendations lightly.

I got mine on Amazon for $55 with free shipping. It's nice to hear it works well under water as I've not dived with mine yet. It is a very nice package and works the 4 NiMH AA batteries. The brightness above water was close to the Dorcy and does not have the issues that the Dorcy has.

It's a German design built in China.

Adam

If Intova would make one of their Compact Torches that used AA instead of AAA, I think we'd have nearly the perfect light.

I use a Photon Torpedo for any dive where it could make a big difference, even though it's not as bright as the smaller Dorcy and Intova lights. But for simple OW dives, I'm a big fan of this little Intova, and adding the Dorcy gives a longer runtime option.

If Intova would make one of their Compact Torches that used AA instead of AAA, I think we'd have nearly the perfect light.

I use a Photon Torpedo for any dive where it could make a big difference, even though it's not as bright as the smaller Dorcy and Intova lights. But for simple OW dives, I'm a big fan of this little Intova, and adding the Dorcy gives a longer runtime option.

I agree and would add Id like to see an Intova Compact Wide running on AA. I really like the wide for clear open water dives, lights up a nice area without being too bright and stunning/blinding/scaring marine life.

I have a DR LED500 which is pretty bright was using it one night and shone it on a fish and out of no where came a barracuda and ate it, felt pretty bad about that as its death was a direct result of my actions.

Back
Top Bottom