• Ikelite Mini-C

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • UK SL4

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Princeton Tec 400

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my mini Q-40s in air all the time and don't have any problems with heat.

Don't drop it on a hard surface when it is on.
The bulb is about 80% of the cost of the whole light. :frown2:

CelticRavenVA:
Trigger,
Thanks for pointing me there!!!! I have been looking for an underwater UV light for a long time!!! that is great!

For those that don't know coral and many other animals, are lumincent under black light.

CR

I did not know about the UV light. I just ordered one, thanks for the info. For cheap batteries go to www.galls.com they have a box for about half price. The shelf life is 10 years. I use them for my computer and some of my military work toys and this is the cheapest that I have found.

gj62:
The Inova looks great, but runs on CR123's. Is there a rechargeable version of that batter? I know the lithium's aren't, and at ~$3 a pop, it gets expensive if you use it alot. Trigger - how many dives/hours do you get per battery?

I have only used mine under water for around twenty dives, so I have not had to replace them yet. However, I use another one at work a lot and I replace the batteries about every 6 months. I would guess that's around twenty hours. The best price that I have found on batteries is at www.galls.com . A box runs about half of the retail price and the shelf life is ten years. I was concerned at first that the pressure would hold the button in and leave the light on so I took mine to 110' to test it and it did just fine.

Trigger,

I have been doing some intresting research on just how much stuff is lumincent underwater... it turns out the answer is LOTS of it.... I orignally started my search for one of the lights after watching the discovery channels blue planet series on coral reefs which was shocking and should afirm the take only pictures leave only bubbles for anyone. However I am of the opinion that a UV light would be a trip to have on any night dive!!!! Around coral I think the people with you are gonna flip out since most people don't even know what lumincence is.

By the way... Ummm wanna part with any of those military toys that use CR123's?

CR

Trigger,

You sure this thing doesn't leak? LOL

Really cool little light though!!!!

CelticRavenVA:
Trigger,

You sure this thing doesn't leak? LOL

Really cool little light though!!!!
I've been to 110' and no leaks. I lube the Oring with silicone after every 3 or 4 dives. Sorry, but my uncle Sam won't let me sell his toys. Thanks again for the UV tip. I have not received mine yet, but I plan to take it to Guam in a couple of weeks. Oh ya, at www.productwizard.com they had a box of 12 batteries for $19.00.

Very cool... Yeah I am quite excited to see the reaction of UV on a night dive!!! I think daylight it won't be quite as effective since it would need to put out Tons of light. I will say one thing, it is quite a powerful little UV hand held light! Powerful enough to give you a headache playing around with it in a dark house. I can't wait to pull this light out on a night dive however and make some reef "glow" ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom