Backscatter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishkrbibbl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dive w a GoPro, using GP Red filter but curious about macro attachments.
Would like both options (filter and macro) on same dive if possible.
Backskatter setup looks interesting but pricey.
Any opinions out there?

I have the macro setup and tend to setup the 15 and a seperate filter. It’s great but you really want to put it on a tray and get a gorilla stand to attach to the tray as you will need it to be as static as possible when shooting macro. Preferably ‘put down and leave for 30 secs of shooting’.

Takes a bit of getting used to. Distances etc and I spent time in the pool getting it right. You are also going to ideally need some good lights...let’s be honest, if you want to get the macro attachment then you are very quickly going to start scrutinizing every photo and will likely become a perfectionist which will mean you are constantly trying to improve your footage and the still you cut from the gopro footage...it’s best to have good lighting and shoot in 4k raw so you can pull and edit decent stills.

It can be very dangerous though....it’s a possible gateway to a very expensive ‘problem’...

Happy to answer any other questions.

Eeek...
Sounds dangerous.
MoG, you shoot vids and pull pics Fr that?
Practice in the pool? What did you shoot?
I think I’m falling deeper!

Yes, you can do at 4K. I just practiced depth of field in the pool for the macromate mini on weighted legominifigures. It takes some practice to get the distances right and you want to be on point when you see something rare down there...

I now shoot a Nikon Z7 with full nauticam setup though...so it got more expensive...a lot more.. my lights alone are $1600 each :vomit:

I guess I better start saving....
Thnx for the insight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom