Question Bigblue VTL4200PB or Backscatter Macro Wide 4300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newlbs

New
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between these two lights so that I can use for both wide angle and macro video/photo. Both of them offer dual beams and have similar specifics. Backscatter MW4300 also has a snoot adapter that can be purchased separately (not sure about big blue) Curious anyone used them has any thought on their performance in the water?

I don't have that exact model of light, but do have a pair of VL4600PB lights. I've used them regularly for the last 9 months or so. Their performance has been excellent--never an issue. It takes a while for those batteries to charge (7 hours or so), but I've been very pleased with them.

I have the Backscatter MW4300 with Snoot and Color Filter kits. I got the light when I was really into photography and I wanted to try out some macro video. Lately my diving interests have been geared toward shipwrecks so I haven't been bringing my camera with me. Actually, I don't think my MW4300 has ever been wet. If you decide to get the MW4300 and are located in North America I'd be willing to sell you mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom