Backscatter strobe and snoot package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine, now need the weather to cooperate. Next dive try is Dec 27-29th. Using a TG5. Any tips appreciated. I'll try to find some nudies to work it out with.

I really like that the video light and the strobe are co-located. I'm trying to keep my rig streamlined and this should help.

Guess i am the only one who received a lemon

A few from Saturday. Went diving locally on Saturday on the Giant Stride to Palos Verdes. Cold but flat, great vertical visibility, we could see the boat from 50 feet deep but a bit of a surge with some sand moving around. Shot some nudibranchs using Olympus EM1-MII, 30 mm macro lens, Nauticam Housing, Nauticam LED trigger, the Backscatter flash on one side and an Inon S2000 on the other. Some shots were done with just the Backscatter. Overall I am quite pleased, works well, triggers off the LED trigger.
shawl.jpg
hermiss1.jpg
shawl 1.jpg

Hopefully my second one will come before a trip to Indonesia (early Jan) and we will see how two do together.

Cheers
Bill

A few from Saturday. Went diving locally on Saturday on the Giant Stride to Palos Verdes. Cold but flat, great vertical visibility, we could see the boat from 50 feet deep but a bit of a surge with some sand moving around. Shot some nudibranchs using Olympus EM1-MII, 30 mm macro lens, Nauticam Housing, Nauticam LED trigger, the Backscatter flash on one side and an Inon S2000 on the other. Some shots were done with just the Backscatter. Overall I am quite pleased, works well, triggers off the LED trigger.
View attachment 557197 View attachment 557198 View attachment 557199

Hopefully my second one will come before a trip to Indonesia (early Jan) and we will see how two do together.

Cheers
Bill
Thanks, you just cost me around $500. Those are beautiful pics!

@bvanant

Was the reflected imagine with black background done on a mirror?

What was on the left side of the 3rd imagine. It looks a little blurred out going up and down.

pictures are great. My curiosity is just talking out loud

The second image was shot on a stage that I take with me, this is a piece of black dichroic glass where the reflection depends on angle and a bunch of other things. The left side of the third image was a photoshop error i.e. I did a weird content aware fill to get more space around the Spanish shawl.
Bill

Got mine, now need the weather to cooperate. Next dive try is Dec 27-29th. Using a TG5. Any tips appreciated. I'll try to find some nudies to work it out with.

I really like that the video light and the strobe are co-located. I'm trying to keep my rig streamlined and this should help.
Well yes and no. If you are using the snoot then of course the coincidence of the two beams (flash and LED) are great it will make snooting a lot more fun. If however you are trying to use edge light from the strobe it generally won't be aimed directly at your subject. So it is a mixed blessing so to speak.

Here is the correct version of the Spanish Shawl. I am trying a series of "Nudibranchs on your kitchen floor" images where one side of my stage is actual wooden flooring. Here is the correct crop of the previous picture.
Bill
shawl 2.jpg

Here is a Janolus barbarensis (or maybe it is now an Antiopella) from a dive last Saturday here in Los Angeles. shot on a black glass stage but shooting from the top with minimal reflection.
Enjoy

Bill
janolus.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom