Backscatter Flip3.1 vs SRP BlurFix+CYD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the SRP glass Urpro filter with the Blurfix SO and 2 stackable macro lenses. I'm really happy with the results and in my opinion I prefer glass over plastic. With the lens holder attached to a tray (a must for stability) I think it is pretty easy to use.

Thanks all- lots of good advice and tips. Doesn't make the decision any easier, but maybe lessens me fear that I'll make a wrong choice.

what happened bro ? u bought which 1?

Bit the bullet on the Blurfix3+ 55 w/ CYD. Again, not that anything was wrong with the Backscatter, I just felt like this was the better choice for me.

Online transaction went smoothly, and package arrived very timely. Some extras that had been offered during the pre-order process also arrived, which was a nice touch. It's much lighter than I expected. I don't know why I expected heavier, I just did. Maybe due to a hefty glass 52mm ND filter I once had for an earlier handheld camera. That's my only experience with optical filters.

I did have some difficulty getting the Blurfix onto the camera housing. I was pretty sure I was going to break it, given how hard I was muscling it on. So I abandoned ship, and let it sit over night. Next day, gave it another shot and finally got it on. It's a very tight fit, and I understand that snug is good, if sealing against the elements. Have to put your back into it a fair amount, and I'm interested to see if that changes under water.

Time will tell of course, as I haven't used it yet. We leave for the Philippines this coming weekend, so I should have plenty to report in a couple of weeks.

Just giggle the filter and it will go on the housing fine. Just dun put your thumb/finger in the centre of the lens and push. That will likely break the lens. Ireally like the fact that its difficult to put on. Which means its going to be hard to come out.

Excellent spots.

I have been to both but couldn't dive in Bohol.

Are you making it up to Apo Island when in Du maguete?

Would be great to see a video from Bohol.

All, maybe a silly question, but the BLURFIX 3+ 55mm.... I suppose the threading is standard so that if I have other 55mm filters already for my SLR camera, I'll be able to use them on the GoPro 4 with this adapter?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom